Yes, I consider brownies a male sweet. I have this clear sensation. No heart shape, no cream or custards. But chocolate. Easy to eat by bites and…definitely good.
I love hearts.
I love them on collars, objects and, couldn’t deny, on sweets and candies chocolate cookies such as a Valentine’s cake, A muffin with a heart inside…. But I believe it is a female passion and I don’t believe men are attracted to sweets in the same way as women.
I don’t mean men don’t like sweets, but I believe they prefer dry candies, easy to eat – but maybe it’s only a sensation of mine.
I say it referring particularly to these brownies because once my son asked me to prepare them to take to the office, on the last day of his stage. He came back home telling me how much they were appreciated… by men.
Well, as Valentine’s day is for both women and men, and maybe because you don’t even like hearts (or you have just had enough of them), but don’t want to refuse a sweet, why don’t you try these brownies? They are pretty easy and quick to prepare.
This recipe is about 10 years old. I created it during our 2 years of “pause” in Brazil. I was trying to invent something to do and my sister presented me a friend of hers who was opening a gastronomy activity to supply him… of brownies.
I tried many recipes until reaching these quantities and ingredients, and I didn’t change it anymore.
Well, what else? Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
- 200 g of butter
- 240 g of dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 600 g of sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 230 g of flour
- 80 g of walnuts
- Turn on the oven to 356°F.
- Melt the chocolate in bain marie.
- Beat the butter together with the sugar.
- Add one egg at a time.
- Add the melted chocolate.
- Add the flour and vanilla.
- When the mixture is well combined, turn off the mixer and add the walnuts and mix with a wood spoon.
- Cover a couple of baking trays (I used a 7.8x11.8in and a 7.8x7.8in) with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into them and bake for about 35 minutes, or until, punching with a toothpick it comes out clean.
- Let them cool inside the trays and then cut in squares using a biscuit cutter.
- Buon appetito!