I had prepared these cauliflower cheese breadsticks a while ago, but as it happens often, I keep such a lot of recipes to post that sometimes I just forget to post them.
Yesterday I was at the grocery’s and saw some cauliflowers (even if it’s end season here in Italy) and these cauliflower cheese breadsticks came to my mind…and I prepared them for my lunch and had to stop myself from eating all of them.
It may resemble the low carb pizza crust, but it isn’t the same thing. Although I just love and prepare often the cauliflower pizza crust, these breadsticks are more like a starter or a side. You can also eat them with an aperitif.
I saw this tasty recipe on An Edible Mosaic blog, and I just doubled the recipe to have some more breadsticks 😉
- Turn on the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Using a greater or, better, a food processor, reduce the cauliflower florets to rice size.
- Put it into a microwave bowl and microwave it for 8 minutes without adding anything nor covering the bowl.
- In a small pan, add the olive oil and the well minced garlic and let it lightly color and then turn off the gas.
- Cut the mozzarella in thin pieces and put ¼ of it apart for topping.
- Take the cauliflower bowl and add the garlic, the lighly beaten eggs, ½ Tsp of dried herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray some cooking spray on it.
- Pour the cauliflower misture and, with a spatula, level it to be uniform (I used a 22x35cm - 8.6x13.7in baking sheet) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven, cover it with another sheet of parchment paper and then turn it upside down on another baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes more.
- Take it out of the oven and cut it in breadsticks. Add the mozzarella and herbs you had set apart.
- Turn the grill on and bake for a couple of minutes until the cheese melts.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool slightly before serving. After a while the cheese will solidify and you can pick them as breadsticks.
- Buon appetito!