How could I resist these cheesy potatoes?
Often I try a recipe because I just make 1+1 thinking that with good ingredients, it should quite certainly be good. This recipe is one of these cases. Potatoes are always good, if you add ham and cheese, they can only get better.
These cheesy potatoes are a simple recipe that may be a quick solution when you don’t know what to prepare for dinner and/or for the kids. It is super simple to prepare and you probably have all the ingredients at home. You can serve it as a quick snack, as a side or for an easy dinner.
I prepared these cheesy potatoes for lunch and ate the major part together with my son. A few pieces were left for dinner – and I ate them at room temperature – so good the same ;-).
I found this delicious recipe on an Italian blog called A Tavola con Lia.
- 1½ cup of water
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12.5oz / 350 g potatoes
- 3 to 4 cooked ham slices
- 3 to 4 slices of gruyere cheese
- Wash the potatoes, peel and cut them in thin slices. If they're too big, cut in halves.
- In a bowl mix oil, water, flour, ¾ of the grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Cut the ham and the gruyere cheese in small stripes/cubes.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the batter, then the ham and the cheese.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Spray some extra olive oil and the remaining grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until it becomes lightly brown on surface.
- Buon appetito!
2 thoughts on “Cheesy Potatoes – Who Resists?”
Ana , adorei as batatas cheesy , bem simples e saborosissimas .
Que bom Edméia! Gostei de saber 😉