This chicken salad recipe is one of those dishes I always eat when I go to Brazil. My daughter likes it very much and reminded me yesterday that I hadn’t prepared it for her recently.
Well, I know we cannot always satisfy all desires of our children, but this one was pretty easy – and tasty – to be satisfied :-).
Even if I had a lot of things to prepare at home for my sister’s arrival, I could find the way to prepare it – because it is a simple recipe at the end. I cut the potatoes in thin slices using my robot; so the carrots. I then cooked the chicken breasts using my steamer and the same with frozen peas.
I put the potatoes into cold water and then dried them before frying in boiling oil and then put on absorbent paper to lose extra oil – but you can also use industrialized fried potatoes, if you have little time.
I cut the chicken breasts using my hands, following the meat fibers. I then added the corn, the peas and carrots. Dressed with mayonnaise, salt and freshly grounded pepper.
I covered the bowl with plastic wrap and let it cool in the fridge for about half an hour. When we decided to eat, I prepared our plates directly (no serving plate) adding the fried potatoes on top. I like to eat it with a bit of ketchup.
- 300 g of chicken breasts
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1½ cup of sweet corn
- 2 Tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 potatoes
- oil to fry
- Cook the chicken breasts using a steamer.
- Do the same with the frozen peas.
- Grate the carrots thinly.
- Do the same with the potatoes and put them into cold water.
- Put abundant oil into a frying pan and turn on the gas.
- Take the potatoes from the water and dry them well before frying into the boiling oil.
- Fry them until colored. Put on absorbent paper and salt.
- Cut the chicken breasts in small pieces.
- Add the carrots, peas and sweet corn.
- Dress with light mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for, at least, half an hour.
- Before serving, add the fried potatoes on top.
- Buon appetito!