When I saw this frozen yogurt recipe I couldn’t resist. Because it is beautiful…and healthy. A little detail could be that I do not like yogurt…but I thought about preparing it to my daughter who loves it, especially with granola and fresh fruits.
I prepared it yesterday and put into the freezer. This morning I took it out and let at room temperature until I was able to cut it in pieces. Do you know what happened? That I began to try a small crumb, then another one…then a berry piece and, obviously I couldn’ forget to try the grape piece. Well, I ate a big piece and…maybe I’ll enjoy yogurt from today ;-).
This frozen yogurt recipe is pretty simple to prepare. It doesn’t even need rigid quantities (I changed a bit from the original recipe because I didn’t care about the yogurt weight at the original recipe;-) that I found here, in Sue’s great blog) . Prepare the simple granola and then just mix the yogurt with fresh fruit of your choice. Pour it onto the granola and freeze. That’s all!
- Turn on the oven to 180 °C / 350 °F.
- Mix rolled oats, oil, honey and vanilla until well combined.
- Spread it on a baking sheet covered witt parchment paper and cook for about 20 minutes, stirrring to make all oat color equally (otherwise the borders will be darker).
- Let it cool.
- Cover a 9 x 9 in / 20x20 cm pan with parchment paper and spread the granola in the bottom.
- In another bowl carefully mix the yogurt with honey and fruit (I cut the peach in small pieces and eliminated the grapes seeds, but left both berries entire) and pour onto the granola.
- Using a spoon gently fill the empty spaces and then cover it with plastic wrap and put in freezer for, at least, 4 hours.
- Take it out of the freezer, wait until possible to cut and divide it in cubes or rectangles and keep in freezer until 15 min from serving.
- Buon appetito!