Another feta recipe
Grilled feta? I had never heard about it, nor even knew it could be made and that it would be such an irresistible recipe.
First of all, I do not owe a feta industry 🙂 nor I have any earnings from feta sales.
The truth is that…I just like this cheese very much. It is perfct for the kind of recipes I prefer, those that are simple, easy and… tasty.
After feta in oil, you can’t miss it grilled. It’s…divine! It has that intense taste that, I assure you, will conquer your palate. The 7 ounces block will seem too small as you will feel like eating it all by yourself.
I saw this fantastic idea on a fantastic Italian blog I have just discovered La Cucina di Calycanthus, that copied it from the fantastic Martha Stewart.
I eat it also by itself, but it matches perfectly with bread for an aperitif or starter, but also served with green salad or grilled vegetables.
The recipe requires the oven grill. As mine isn’t working, I just turned the oven temperature to its highest (300°C/572°F).
How to prepare the grilled feta:
- 7 ounces one piece feta cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs like rosemary, chives, and whatever you prefer
- Leave the cheese, unpacked, out of the fridge for half an hour.
- Turn on your oven grill - or set the oven to its highest temperature.
- Grease a pan and place the feta inside it. Add a thread of extra virgin olive oil and spread it all over the feta.
- Cook until the edges are lightly browned.
- Add the fresh herbs and another thread of oil and serve immeditely with bread, green salad or grilled vegetales.
- Buon appetito!