I had never prepared a homemade mayonnaise. To be sincere, I had tried once, a long time ago…and it didn’t work.
When I saw this super quick and easy recipe I couldn’t resist. Needless to say, it worked perfectly! Quite like magic. It is done in less than a minute.
To taste this homemade mayonnaise, I cut some carrots in sticks and, guess what? I couldn’t stop eating it.
I found this incredible easy and quick recipe in Martina’s blog Trattoria da Martina. She posts great recipes that I’ve already tried with wonderful results Pistachio Brittle, Sweet Bread and some more).
There are a couple of mandatory rules for this quick mayonnaise recipe: use a hand blender and use cold (from fridge) egg and oil.
- 1 egg (cold from fridge)
- 220 g of corn or other vegetable oil (cold from fridge)
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 Tsp of mustard
- Put the ingredients into the hand blender glass following this order: egg (pay attention to keep the whole yolk), oil, lemon juice, salt and mustard.
- Insert the hand blender until it touches the bottom of the glass and then turn it on at maximum power and do not move it for 10 seconds.
- The mayonnaise will begin to whip and then you can move the blender up and down
- and your mayonnaise will soon be ready (about 30 seconds).
- Buon appetito!