This delectable jam tart recipe is definitely my favorite one. I’ve tried many recipes to reach what I want from a jam tart and finally got it.
This jam tart is extremely tasty, not too fat nor too floury. It is simply… delicious.
The one in the photo was prepared with apricot jam, even if I prepare it more often with red fruits jam, which is the favorite of my children. I prepared this one for a friend and, as I had a bit more of dough I prepared some mini jam tarts that I definitely devoured between breakfast and snack (without changing my relationship with my scale:-) !).
I have mixed the ingredients (except for the jam and water) using my hands until the dough became homogeneous. I then covered it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 1 hour in the fridge. I then rolled it out and added the jam (I added a couple of Tbsp of water to make it more liquid). I added the heart shaped dough pieces and baked for about 30 minutes.
This jam tart recipe can be easily frozen to be available when you want it. It takes little time (as most sweets) to defrost.
- 250 g of flour
- 125 g of butter
- 100 g of icing sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 yolks
- 1 medium jam jar (about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp of water
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the jam and water) using your hands until it becomes a homogeneous dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Separate a small part of dough for decoration (I made heart shapes, but it can be just stripes).
- Roll out the dough and cover a pan, creating a small border.
- Add a couple of spoons of water to the jam to make it more liquid.
- Spread it over the tart.
- Add the decorations made with the dough you separated before.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until borders begins to color.
- Buon appetito!