I prepared these vegan orange muffins without much expectation. I decided to try them because I had some oranges that I wanted to use.
I prepared them yesterday late afternoon for breakfast today. The recipe resulted in 11 orange muffins and now, less than 24 hours after, there are only three of them… and my son isn’t home and so we are in three at home. Repeating my daughter’s words, they’re “light, tasty and satisfy our sweet tooth”.
I’m becoming more and more addicted to olive oil recipes. They are really lighter and I like the feeling of eating healthy ;-).
I found this recipe in this Italian blog post written by Francesca Quaglia, and I changed a few things. I used brown sugar and chopped the hazelnuts. Enjoy :-D!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup of brown sugar
- a pinch of baking soda
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 Tbsp of orange zest
- 3 Tbsp of chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a bowl put the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chopped hazelnuts. Mix it all until well combined.
- In another recipient put the orange juice together with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare the muffin molds.
- Mix the oil and juice with the dry ingredients only the necessary to mix both parts and pour it into the molds.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until colored.
- Buon appetito!