I knew pissaladiere, ma had never prepared it. Then I found this recipe for mini pissaladieres and tried it immediately.
I love finger food. I love to prepare lunches and dinners with many different dishes and serve them all together – and this mini pissaladiere recipe is perfect for these occasions.
They are very easy to prepare and I can assure you there will be no leftovers.
You can even prepare the crust the day before to be even more quick in serving them. I have prepared it more times and it definitely is now among my favorite recipes ;-D. I found this pissaladiere recipe in Saveur site.
- Put the oil in a non adherent pan and turn on the gas.
- Add the thyme and onions and let them cook with medium-low gas, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft.
- Increase the heat and add sugar and vinegar to caramelize.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the olives and turn off the gas.
- Turn on the oven to 392°F/200°C.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment papaer.
- Open the puff pastry and, using a cookie cutter, cut it in small circles and put them on the baking tray.
- Cover them with another sheet of parchment paper. Put another baking sheet on top to avoid puss pastry to inflate during cooking time.
- Bake them for about 20 minutes or until lightly colored.
- Take them out of the oven and, when it's time to serve, add some onions, a piece of anchovy and some chives on top.
- Buon appetito!