As soon as I saw this brittle with pistachio recipe I ran to the kitchen to prepare it. I love beautiful food and, especially, when it is simple and quick to prepare.
Pistachio is a delicacy by itself, and served as a brittle is just… irresistible.
It is really simple to prepare and it is a great idea for a gift, as it is pretty beautiful and special because of the pistachio.
I prepared this pistachio brittle recipe last Spring, but it is a recipe that has no season and fits any occasion. I found it on the great Italian blog Trattoria da Martina.
It is the kind of recipe I like to prepare when I am invited to dinner and want to present my guests with a sweet recipe; as it is enough to prepare it a couple of hours before dinner time.
- 150 gr of unshelled pistachio (nor salted nor toasted)
- 150 gr of sugar
- 1 tbsp of water
- ½ tbsp of lemon juice
- Prepare a sheet of parchment paper on a hot resistant surface.
- Oil a silicone spatula.
- In a steel pan put together the sugar, water and lemon juice and cook with medium gas until the sugar began to brown and caramelize.
- Add the pistachio, mix it all quickly, turn off the gas and pour it on the parchment paper, helping yourself with the silicone oiled spatula.
- Add another sheet of parchment paper and,using a rolling pin, level the brittle to 0,5cm/0.2in of thickness.
- Let it cool and,before it cools completely, using an oiled knife, cut it in squares or small rectangles.
- Buon appetito!