Pair quinoa with peas is a great idea. Other than being an extremely simple recipe to prepare, the flavors mix well perfectly resulting in a very pleasant taste to the palate.
The ingredients to match are 4: quinoa, peas, onion and walnuts. It was enough to read it to feel like preparing this dish. I have found it on Taste of Home – where are the readers themselves to send their families’ recipes.
Quinoa isn’t a cereal, but a seed rich in proteins. I don’t know the right proportions for a correct nutritional supply, but I believe this dish can be an unique dish for vegans.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp walnuts roughly cut
- Rinse quinoa and then put it into a pan with water. Cook for about 15 minutes or until water has evaporated.
- Using a fork, fluff uinoa.
- In a capacious pan, add oil and onions and let them cook until soft. Add peas and cook until tender.
- Add quinoa, salt e pepper.
- Add walnuts and mix. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Buon appetito!