I tried these Greek savory snacks some weeks ago for the first time, and have prepared them many times after that day ;-D.
These small tasty bitess are …irresistible! And so much easy to prepare. You can prepare them in really little time.
Ok, I admit! I’m becoming a feta addicted (other than already being a ricotta cheese addicted ;-D). Now I always have a package in my fridge (for spanakopitas, for the cheese tart or the spinach cake).
To prepare these Greek savory snacks just mix feta, cottage cheese and eggs in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Then open the phillo pastry and cut long strips (see step by step below) and add a teaspoon of cheese to each strip and enroll it on itself, forming triangles. About 20 minutes in the oven and they’re ready to be…devoured :-D!
I found this recipe on the great blg from Alexandra, Alexandra Cooks.
- 2 packages of phillo pastry
- 230 g/ ½ lb. feta cheese
- 230 g / ½ lb.cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- extra virgin olive oil
- Crumble the feta cheese using your fingers and put it in a bowl.
- Add the cottage cheese, the eggs, salt and pepper and mix until well comnined.
- On a large working surface, open the phillo pastry and take 1 sheet at a time.
- Depending on how big it is, cut it in stripes of about 5 cm x 20 approx (you don't need a specific measure, I just divide each sheet into 5 stripes of 5 cm/1.5in each for the width of it (about 22cm/8.5in).
- Spray some olive oil on them.
- Turn on the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Place a teaspoon of the mixture in the beginning of a stripe and then "close" it putting the extreme left extremity onto the right side (see photos).
- Go ahead rolling it on itself forming a triangle and put on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- When fisihed, spray some olive oil on top of all of them.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until thy become golden.
- Buon appetito!