These shrimp skewers are super easy to prepare. You don’t need a barbecue as you can cook them with a common pan on your cooktop. I use a flat non adherent pan to prepare them.
I use to say that I am not expert in preparing seafood. I don’t know how to properly clean fish and seafood in general. But I really love to eat it. I first prepared these skewers on Christmas, but have been re-doing it often since then.
Shrimps are probably my favorite ones and also the simplest to prepare. This easy recipe will allow you to enchant your guests or family with real little work.
I usually use frozen shrimps and they come wonderful. Obviously if you use fresh ones, these shrimp skewers will come out even better!
Clean the shrimps eliminating their head (maybe keep them aside to prepare a bisque), eliminate their shell and I used a toothpick to eliminate the black strip on its back. It’ much easier than I believed it was ;-). Leave only the end of the tail, as it will give them a best shape when served.
Shrimp Skewers recipe:
For 4 people (5 shrimps per person).
- 20 shrimps
- 3 Tbsp of vodka
- 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 fresh basil leaves
- pink pepper
- Clean the shrimps leaving only the end of the tail.
- Wash them and put inside a bowl..
- Add vodka, extra virgin olive oil, basil leaves and pepper.
- Cover the bowl and leave it rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Put the wood skewers inside water to avoid burning during cooking.
- Put 2 to 3 shrimps per skewer and cook them on a flat non adherent pan 1 minute each side.
- Salt to taste (often it isn’t necessary) and serve with fresh lemon slices.
- Buon appetito!