This spinach cake is that kind of recipe that I am sure you will prepare more times.
It is extremely easy to do as you just have to put together all the ingredients in a bowl, mix until combined and then bake.
It is tasty and can be eaten at room temperature. So it can be prepared in advance and you can freeze it.
I prepared this spinach cake many times since I read this recipe in Arabafeliceincucina, a great blog with easy and tasty recipes such as the flour-dairy-free banana pancake and the zucchini cake among others.
This cake is prepared with feta cheese, an ingredient I am becoming always more addicted to. This salty Greek cheese is present in many of my favorite recipes, such as spanakopita and cheese tart, and it makes the difference in this spinach pie.
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 180 g flour
- 1 Tbsp of baking powder for salted tarts
- 100 g of gruyère cheese quite minced
- 200 g feta cheese
- 150 ml of vegetable oil
- fresh basil leaves
- 3 large handfuls of fresh raw spinach
- Cover a 9.4x3.9in/24x10cm plumcake pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and roughly chop the spinach.
- In a bowl lightly beat the eggs and add milk, oil, salt and pepper.
- Then add flour and baking powder.
- When the mixture is well combined add the feta cheese, scrumbling it with your fingers, the gruyère cheese, the spinach and the basil leaves.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Turn on the oven 356°F/180°C and bake the spinach cake for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Buon appetito!