These baked zucchini fries recipe is one of those that you keep preparing, time after time.
Why? Because in 10 days I have already prepared it 4 times. Any doubt we loved it?
They could be called light baked zucchini as they’re very light. Easy to prepare, with few ingredients and so much taste. I saw this recipe on A Pinch of Italy blog and tried them the day after.
The only thing is that you have to decide a little bit in advance to prepare them, as it is necessary to let them loose some water – I admit I didn’t figure out they could eliminate so much water after resting with some salt. Avoid this step would compromise their crispness (even though, I have prepared this recipe many times without waiting and, even if they come a little bit less crispy, they are really good and we did not have any leftover ;-D).
I left them with salt for a whole night and for a few hours (from breakfast to lunch). Leaving them for a longer time with salt will make them eliminate more water, but I’d say a whole morning is enough as, in both cases, there were no leftovers ;-).
- 4 medium zucchini
- 5 Tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- pepper if desired
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Cut their extremities and cut them in sticks.
- Put them into a colander and sprinkle salt on them.
- Let them eliminate water for a night or for some hours.
- Turn on the oven to 200°C/356°F.
- Lightly dry them with a kitchen paper towel and put them inside a paper or plastic bag.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of flour and close the bag with your fingers and shake it vigorously to distribute the flour to all zucchini sticks.
- Put them on the oven tray covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan over it and bake for about 45 minutes or until crispy, turning them upside down a couple of times during baking to let them crisp in both sides.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Buon appetito!