I fell in love with this enchanting apple rose tart recipe. It is so lovely that I couldn’t wait much until trying it.
This apple tart recipe has many advantages: other than having a few ingredients, it is pretty easy to prepare, can be a cute idea for a dessert or even ate as a snack.
I saw it in a video in Facebook from Cooking with Manuela. I am adding the video down here (right before the recipe) because I couldn’t explain better than her the easy process of preparing these lovely apple rose tartlets.
I would add that the apples have to be sliced as thin as possible, and I needed a longer time in the microwave. The trick is: microwave them (for me at least 7 minutes, it will depend also on the apples and how thin they are sliced) until the slices are soft enough to be rolled up with the puff pastry.
I ate them as they are, but I believe they may match perfectly with a scoop of ice cream.
- 2 red apples
- juice of ½ lemon
- 3 Tbsp of apricot preserve
- rectangular rolled out puff pastry
- flour for working surface
- icing sugar
- Turn on the oven to 375°F/180°C.
- Wash the apples, cut them in halves and eliminate the seeds and hard parts, but keeping its red peel.
- Slice them as thin as possible and put them into a bowl filled with water and the lemon juice.
- Microwave them until soft (time depends on your oven and the apples, I needed 8 minutes).
- Put the apricot preserve and 2 Tbsp of water into a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir.
- Open the puff pastry on a floured surface and roll it out enlarging it a bit but keeping the rectangular shape.
- Divide it in 6 strips.
- Tale each strip and spread some apricot preserve on it.
- Add apple slices occupying half of the strip, with the round part up.
- Add cinnamon.
- Fold the puff pastry "closing" the apple on inside and then beginning from one extremity, fold it on itself.
- You have the rose.
- Put it inside a muffin mold and repeat with the other 5 strips.
- Bake them for 40-45 minutes.
- Add icing sugar before serving.
- Buon appetito!
2 thoughts on “Enchanting Apple Rose Tart”
Ana amei essas rosas de maçã ,elas tem um lindo visual e devem ser mmuito gostosas.
Obrigada por compartilhar .
These tarts are beautiful & I love the rose technique. I have to try it!