The banana bread like Starbuck’s delicious one
Starbucks didn’t send me their banana bread recipe. I searched it in Internet after eating it in Miami airport, together with my son, last December. Maybe it was the perfet atmosphere I have when I travel with my son or my daughter, or the fact we were leaving for New York – a place that makes me feel so good – the fact is, even if we have more than one favorite banana bread recipe, the Starbucks’ one was so good that day.
So I decided to search for its recipe on the Internet and I have found about 4 recipes all alike. I don’t make any credit as they were all the same recipe, from a source that I could not discover.
All recipes have walnuts, and I added them as we like them a lot, even if the one we ate in Miami seemed more a moist dough.
Anyhow we loved this banana bread. We often repeated “wow, how good this banana bread is” while cutting a slice. It lasted for little time ;-).
How to prepare Starbucks banana bread:
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1cup sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 ripped bananas mashed very well
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix egg, sugar and oil and stir until well combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir well.
- Add milk, vanilla and bananas and stir until incorporated.
- Mix in walnuts and pour into a loaf pan.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, or until, punching with a toothpick, it will come out clean.
- Let it cool on a rack.
- Buon appetito!
1 thought on “Banana Bread Starbucks”
I have never seen a banana bread with extra virgin olive oil. I have made it in the past with butter or sunflower oil, but the additon of EVOO sounds yummy! I’ve never had the Star Buck’s banana bread but your version looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!!