A cheese pie is inviting just by its name. If you continue to read the recipe and find some of your favorite cheese types, then you just have to prepare it immediately as I did!
This cheese pie is very simple to prepare and it is delicious served hot, but also very good at room temperature. It makes it a perfect recipe for a buffet, for a Summer dinner or whenever you want a tasty and inviting salted pie.
I used just one puff pastry package. It was already rolled out, but I rolled it a little bit more to fit my 19 cm / 7.5in spring pan and top. This way you can have a thin puff pastry crust what makes your pie lighter.
You just have to mix the ingredients, put inside the puff pastry and cover it. Brush with a yolk and bake for just 35 minutes. That’s all! Really that simple. It is also a balanced recipe as it doesn’t contain cream (as most of cheese pies), but ricotta cheese, what makes it lighter without losing any taste, but the opposite ;-).
I found this cheese pie recipe on an Italian site called Il Cucchiaio D’Argento.
- Turn on the oven to 180°C / 356°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to cover the bottom and sides of a 19cm/ 7.5in spring pan plus top.
- In a bowl put the ricotta, the mozzarella cut in small pieces so as Asiago cheese. Add the grated Parmesan, the eggs and mix it all. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the pan and cover with the remaining pastry, attacching the borders to close it.
- Beat a yolk and brush the pie surface with it.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes before cutting the pie.
- Buon appetito!