This croissant recipe will conquer you too. It is the simplest at all as it don’t require the common dough working the normal puff pastry needs, but it is so flaky the same.
You just put together the ingredients quickly, a little rest in the fridge, roll out the dough and form the croissants, another break in fridge and…that’s all, ready to be baked!
I found this croissant recipe on an Italian blog I like very much, called Arabafeliceincucina. She saw this recipe on an American TV show and made little changes just to guarantee the success of the recipe. And it works!
They are delicious, they flake, they …don’t last for long in your kitchen ;-D.
- 220 g of cream cheese
- 220 g of chilled butter
- 260 g of flour
- 2 Tbsp of sugar (if you want them salted, do not add sugar)
- 1 yolk + little sugar to brush
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl and add the chilled butter cut in small cubes.
- Work with your fingertips just mixing the dough, but leaving some pieces of butter (do not worry to have it perfetcly mixed as the butter crumbs are the ones who are going to flake).
- Add the flour where you have already mixed the sugar and continue to work just with your fingertips the least necessary to have it alltogether.
- Form a ball, lightly flour it and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Put in the fridge for a couple of hours or until it becomes hard.
- Roll it out about 0.11 in thick and cut triangles (I did them approx 8 cm x 15 cm - 3.14 x 5.9 in). Do not make them big.
- Roll each triangle beginning from the larger part and put on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Brush them all with a beaten yolk and spread little sugar over them.
- Put the sheets in the fridge until they become hard.
- Bake in pre heated oven (170°C/338°F) for 40-45 minutes.
- tip #1: do not overwork the dough. It needs the small pieces of butter inside it to flake.
- tip #2: you can freeze them before baking. Then just unfreeze them in the fridge before baking.
- tip #3: do not work the exceeding pieces. Put one over another and roll them out again, maybe after leaving it in fridge for a while.
- tip #4: respect the oven temperature.
- Buon appetito!
1 thought on “Super Easy Croissant Recipe”
Could it be done also glutenfree?