I have already prepared these lemon meatballs many times. Because they’re so good, simple to prepare and light to digest as there’s no garlic inside.
I have to add that I love raw meat and that I use to eat meatballs while preparing them…and this recipe passed this “personal” test too ;-).
Thyme gives them a delicate taste. Even if my daughter doesn’t like thyme, she ate them all. What I often forget is to turn off the gas a little bit earlier to leave more sauce to eat with the lemon meatballs and with bread.
I have found this recipe on MyRicettarium blog, and, as it often happens, I have changed some quantities while preparing it.
Author: tested by Ana
Recipe type: Main dishes
- 17.5 ounces ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- some fresh thyme
- 1 lemon
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, entire
- ½ cup white wine
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a capacious bowl, put the ground beef, egg, grated nutmeg, thyme, cheese, lemon zest and salt. Mix it while adding bread crumbs until it reaches a consistency with which you can form balls.
- Make the meatballs big as a walnut and set aside.
- Put a thread of oil on a flat non adherent pan, add the garlic clove you have lightly smashed and add the meatballs. Add some more thyme leaves.
- Gently turn the patties to let them color on all sides. When they're pretty roasted, add the lemon juice together with the white wine and let it evaporate. Turn off the gas when there's still some sauce.
- Eliminate the garlic and serve immediately.
- Buon appetito!
3 thoughts on “Lemon Meatballs”
Thank you for all your wonderful recipes, many of which I collect! Today I would like to print out the lemon meat balls and the zucchini – egg basket. Unfortunately, on these two, the “print” button is missing. I hope you see this :).
Looking forward to hearing/reading more from you, you’re doing a great job.
Elisabeth from Berlin
Thank you so much for your message. These are the things that keep me movng towards with this blog :-).
I will check it soon and let you know as soon as I fix it back, ok?
Again, thank you so much, you just made my day 😉
Now you can print these recipes ;-). I will try to fix the others one at a time, and will definitely do it this way for the next ones. In case you need to print another one that is not “ready”, please let me know and I will adjust it too, ok?
Thank you again 🙂