I found this orange tart irresistible. I just kept eating one small piece after another. The taste of the fresh orange slice with its peel really captured me.
It is a pretty simple recipe to prepare. Just prepare the dough and let it rest for 1 hour. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, wash carefully an orange (better if bio) and cut it in thin slices. Sprinkle the parchment paper with some sugar, place the orange slices and a few butter pieces. Spread the dough and cover the oranges with it and bake! <!–more–>
It is a kind of tarte tartin, the famous French upside-down tart, that has the topping baked downside.
I like very much tarts and sweets prepared with fruits. I believe they are fresher and balances the sweet of sugar in a recipe.
I admit that I like this tart also for how it looks, with little effort. The orange slices add such an inviting appearance and makes it looks like a patisserie specialty.
- 225 g of flour
- 150 g of sugar
- 150 g of butter
- 1 big orange
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1 yolk
- ½ lemon
- Mix the flour with a pinch of salt, a pinch of cinnamon, 100 g of sugar, 100 g of soft butter and the yolk you have already mixed with the lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients quickly and form a ball.
- Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rest in a fresh place for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
- Wash carefully the orange and cut it in thin slices.
- Cover a baking tray (30x20cm, 7.8x11.8in) with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and place the orange slices one close to another.
- Add some small pieces of butter.
- Roll out the dough to the baking tray size and put it over the oranges, taking care of fixing well the borders with your fingers.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until you see it is lightly colored.
- Let it cool down until gets warm to take it out of the tray.
- Buon appetito!
1 thought on “An Inviting Orange Tart That Is Difficult To Refuse”
Acompanho o seu blog, gosto muito de suas receitas.
Vou fazer esse bolo, parece ser delicioso.
Obrigada por compartilhar.