I recently discovered this pizza crust recipe… with low carbs! I was very curious and tried it immediately. The result? I did it again the day after too ;-).
I saw many different recipes and at the end, did one of mine. Probably the simplest as I do love recipes that are easy to prepare.
This pizza crust recipe has low carbs, it’s gluten free and you can have it ready at your plate in less than 1 hour.
You can use the topping you prefer. I prepared it dressing it with just mozzarella and oregano and then using the typical pizza topping, with tomato sauce, mozzarella and oregano. Loved it.
My daughter was a little bit skeptical, but then she wanted to try it and…she asked to prepare it again.
I cooked the cauliflower using a steamer, but you can just boil it. You then just have to squeeze it using a kitchen cloth and mix with the other (few) ingredients and cook it until the borders begin to brown. Then add the topping you prefer and put it back into the oven just to cook/melt it.
- 1 cauliflower of about 2 pounds
- 5 Tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- for topping:
- 2 Tbsp of tomato sauce
- 1 mozzarella (0.2 pounds)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the cauliflower and cut the flowers with just a bit of stem. Eliminate the hard central stem.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/460°F.
- Cook it with a steamer.
- Strain it through a colander and put it into a kitchen cloth, make a twist and squeeze it as much as possible.
- Put the cauliflower into a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste, the egg and the grated cheese. Mix it until well combined.
- Cover a low border tray of about 24cm/9.4in with parchment paper and distribute the mixture pressing it to be consistent.
- Bake it for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the borders begin to brown.
- Take it out of the oven (don't turn it off) and spread the tomato sauce and distribute the mozzarella cut in small cubes.
- Add a thread of extra virgin olive oil and some oregano.
- Bake until the mozzarella melts.
- Buon appetito!
1 thought on “Fantastic pizza crust recipe with low carbs!”
Hi, this looks delicious! I love the idea of using cauliflower as the base of a pizza crust instead of flour. Is there a step missing in the directions? Did you use a food processor first? Thanks!