Roasted potatoes with lime…a delicious dish to repeat often
These roasted potatoes with lime attracted my curiosity. So much. Until yesterday, when I finally prepared them to see if they were as good as they seemed to.
Good? No! Much more! Potatoes and lime is a match I’d never imagine by myself, and it is just fantastic. I began with little lime zest and little juice as I was quite afraid it would waste the potatoes. But the opposite! I then added extra lime zest and juice and…no leftovers at all.
This is an extremely simple recipe to prepare. I have found it in a great Italian blog called Calycanthus.
How to prepare the roasted potatoes with lime:
- 10 to 12 medium potatoes (not too big)
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes
- Turn on the oven 356°F.
- Cover a flat baking pan with parchment paper.
- Wash carefully the potatoes and dry them - do not peel them.
- Cut them in wedges and put them in a big bowl.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and mix them well so all wedges are covered with oil. Add more oil if necessary.
- Distribute potatoes on the baking pan and bake for 30/40 minutes, or until cooked and browned.
- Take them out of the oven, add pepper, salt, lime zest and lime juice and serve immediately.
- Buon appetito!