This salad with prawns and avocado conquered me last year in Milan. I didn’t eat it, but Emanuela explained it to me and, even if I had walked for 22 kms by foot that day (it was during Milan International Design and Furniture Exposition), I didn’t forget it.
I call her Emanuela II because she is a cusin of my friend Emanuela and, as they have exactly the same name and surname, I had to find a way to distinguish them ;-).
Well, this salad with prawns and avocado remained in my mind for a long time, maybe a whole year – until I finally prepared it. Obviously as soon as I ate it – as it is really good – I asked myself why I waited so much to do it, and I have prepared it many times since then.
The quantities are just to address you. Please don’t weigh or measure anything, but follow your senses and intuition.
Ingredients (4 people):
- schrimps (medium or big, 4/6 per person)
- endive (4)
- a handful of walnuts roughly cut
- 1 o 2 oranges
- 1 avocado
- 2/3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp mustard
- Boil the shrimps in salted water with a couple of bay leaves for 5 minutes. Clean the shrimps after.
- Wash endives and cut them in slices of 1/3 in.
- Cut the avocado in small pieces.
- Unshell and cut roughly the walnuts.
- Peel the orange and cut the segments without the peel. Cut each peeled slice in three.
- Put oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper inside a marmelade jar and close tightly. Shake it vigorously to emulsify the dressing.
- Mix all ingredients with the dressing in a capacious bowl and serve.
- Buon appetito!