This strawberry recipe is a good idea for a healthy snack and I do love rolled oats. I know they are healthy and it only increases my attraction to recipes prepared with them.
And strawberries… well, it’s difficult to find a way I don’t like them. This strawberry recipe is kind of a crumble… but lighter.
It is still cold here in Italy. Not so much as in many other countries, but we’re at home with the heater on. Writing about strawberries make me think about the near Springs. The days are already longer and at the end of March the time changes and we begin to really feel the Springtime.
- for the crust:
- 1½ cups of flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¾ cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of cold salted butter
- 1 egg white
- for the filling:
- 2 cups of strawberries
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch (Maizena)
- Preheat the oven to180°C/356°F.
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper (24x24cm/9.4x9.4in or 20x20cm/8x8in).
- Put the crust ingredients into the food processor and work the ingredients until it becomes a crumbly mixture and the butter is reduced to small pieces.
- Reserve ¼ for topping.
- Create a layer on the baking pan pressing this mixture.
- Combine strawberries, sugar and cornstarch until the strawberries have absorbed all the sugar.
- Spread them over the crust layer and complete the topping with the ¼ of the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes into the pan before removing to a rack to cool down.
- Buon appetito!